Head Phantom for Stereotactic Surgery
TOTAL SYSTEM QUALITY ASSURANCE WITH VERIFICATION OF TREATMENT ACCURACY
RSD’s Head Phantom for Stereotactic Surgery serves to check accuracy of treatment for quality assurance.
Comes with TLD Dosimetric Cylinder and one solid piece plus the Dry Water Cylinder to fill the other cavity. Also includes two spare nylon assembly rods and two spare blind nylon nuts.
Optional: Truncated Cone for Ion Chamber (including molding or machining to install Ion Chamber to User’s specification at the center of the sphere) and Film Dosimetric Cylinder.
- Total system quality assurance
- Checks the dose calculation algorithm with and without correction for tissue heterogeneities
- Measures the dose delivered to intracranial lesions
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Gamma Knife
- Cone Beam CT
Dosimetry in the Head Phantom
Since the dose at only one location is to be measured at a time, the other location is filled with a dry-water cylinder with no dosimetric provisions. The target can be located uniquely by an initial CT scan.